Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.
These foul dark creatures that plague me
and only can I be free in my dreams,
where corruption and calamity run amok.
And I feel ever free.
Do not harshen my with hardship,
do not let me die with love.
I am only one,
but in being one I can be strong
and foretake the mountains and valleys
if I must.
Leave me be,
for you are my plague.
You are my destruction.
You are the friend,
my foe,
that deems only to harken
the softest glimpse of something
that is not me.
So let me go
with sordid blessings
and forget that we had been to this place,
that only lovers see,
and only lovers touch.
To be loved is too much of a sorrow to bear.
It leaves a mark,
on your skin,
and forever you are bare.
It would be better to have never known of this
love,
than to love and be denied.
So be not my fretful thoughts
and forget this plague!
For never once I thought of love
being once made
and twice deafened
under blow of enemy's mine.
Seek out what sears you,
before you burn,
acrid in touch and taste and smell.
You will forget,
as will I,
of a time
when blades made sparks
in our eyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger eyes of a tragedy said...

you rock girl. and for the poetry contest i really really love these last few poems, this one included. you're writting is just getting better and better...
also, one day when i was venturing through you older posts i came across one about jumping off a roof i believe with another girl..i may be very off the mark but i enjoyed that one muchly too. i hope you win!
well i best get back to studying, take care!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home