Monday, April 11, 2005

She lied

Okay, so really, everything went fairly smoothly.
For my brother's grad and 18th birthday present, my grandparents bought him a 1998 Jeep, with removable hard top so that it can transform into a beautiful green convertible Jeep. Ah, yes. Smashing, no? Well, everything comes with a price, right? So, now is the dilemna of my brother's insurance payments on the vehicle. What a mess that is. Since my brother has lazed around his whole (well..most of his) life, he has hardly any money to pay it, especially because it's something stupid like $398 a month, because he is a young driver. And, since he is going to college in Vancouver, he has to pay for his living and part of his school expenses. Sheesh. I'll take the bus, thank you very much. This car thing is just too much hassle at this age.
Oh, but I did well for my birthday. I got a rose gold ring embedded with pink saphires. It's gorgeous. But my mom keeps mentioning that the price was through the roof, so I keep thinking I'll never wear it because I'll be too scared. But I must wear it. I must. Or else it will go to waste like everything else. Que lastima!
Right, right. And I got a pretty antique looking lamp, and my grandmother is going to take me shopping for summer clothes. Yay. I just hope I don't do my embarressed thing. I seem to get very annoyed when I go shopping with people. I must have a birth defect, eh? Everyone else seems to like going shopping, even with their relatives.
You know what sucks ultimately? My parents feeling like they're going broke and everything just collapsing. It's awful, especially going to school and seeing all of the kids with cell phones and nice clothes and big cars and expenses purses.It just makes your whole self-esteem plummet. I don't ever want to be broke...unfortunately, I probably will be, and it will be sad, as I cannot find a suitable career path. I am feeling like trash, without any future goals. If anyone has any suggestions (even crazy space alien ones) please please feel free to shout them out at me.
Hmm..I think I am going to go make my jeans into cut-offs, or whatever those darn kids call 'em these days. That'll cheer me up. I'll finally have useful clothes. :) Ha, what a dork I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home