Thursday, March 31, 2005

I am sick
of waking up,
with you
without me.
Maybe that's why...
Maybe that's why I smile
when I fall asleep, because I know,
if only for a little while,
you're here,
with you,
with me.
A blanket of white,
greeted me that day,
when I woke up,
without you there.
It didn't change my outlook
on time,
or reason.
You were always
gone.
And I guess
that ticked me off,
like a clock, winding, and unwinding,
in perfect precision.
I stood and arched my feet and spun around,
my hands clenching the white sheets,
me
being
without you.
Then I stumbled, and lost my place,
in the world.
I hit the dresser,
and bumped open the drawer.
I stood up,
now on flat feet,
and found the hidden puzzle piece
to my childlike grin.
And so maybe,
that night,
when the stars blanketed the sky,
I smiled because I knew that,
this night,
you wouldn't be gone when I woke up in the morning.
You would be here,
on blood-patterned sheets,
with you,
with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger eyes of a tragedy said...

What can I say? This one is sweetness in all it's hopeless and dark mood invoking wonder! I the "blood-patterned sheets" is so something I would write, really great!
And and don't worry about not relating to my stuff...truth is, I've had one realtionship and baby I'm milking it for all it's worth, plus I'm using alot of creative lisence and adding muti-darker demisions..so it's not all fact..just me and my head playing out stuff.
Well that's all for now. Enjoy the sun!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home