Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I fall asleep at night, wondering if you are waiting for everything to collapse.

I guess it all started with Math class, when you told the teacher that Math wasn't worth it, and skipping seemed better. You walked right out, and as you did, my heart skipped a beat.
And I spent all of Philosophy class, wondering if I was meant to fall in love with you.
I couldn't eat at lunch, because my heart just kept eating itself, wondering if I was going to see you again that day in Science.
In French class I couldn't stop from doodling 'Mon Amore' all over my notes.
And finally in Science where you said it was all Bullshit, anyway and slammed the door.
And that time my heart made me follow your steps, faking the footsteps and tracing the lines to your heart. You turned around, when you saw me and said, "Bullshit, right?" And I nodded. You said "Want to ditch with me?" And I smiled while you took me outside and into your truck. You took me out there more, once we started forgetting about the world, and losing ourselves. You kissed me and told me that we had more fun, anyway. And we did.

So, I wake up, after dreaming of your eyes and your lips and your hands. I float to class, just to walk out with you. You take me to your truck and press me up against the window. I wonder, for the first time, if this is what I really wanted, if this was real or a trick, perhaps of light. You told me you loved me, and I wondered if you were the one, after all, that was making up Bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home