Monday, April 18, 2005

An Excerpt

From a story I am working on...

Colors turned into shapes in my mind and suddenly I was flying high up in the air, except the air wasn’t air, it was marshmallow clouds suspended in blueberry gelatin. I was a spectator to the greatest flying circus in the world. I was watching plastic airplanes made out of puffs of smoke fly through my world. It was amazing and breathtaking. I swear I could’ve taken my heart right out of my stomach and squeezed the juice from it into a jar, and all I would label that jar would be ‘happiness.’ At that moment, that was what I was; happy. Later I would realize that my happiness had been fueled by systematic trips.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mable said...

I never knew there was so much good writing on the internet till I started a blog. I read one of your poems and enjoyed it. Found your blog through Rinaku. I started a blog http://sunrisesunsett.blogspot.com/to talk about bringing up my kids and then I found blogging so wonderful that I haven't stopped since my first post in Jan this year. Then I started my current blog. I have a total of two regular visitors to date but they have really kept me going. Cheers!

8:16 AM  
Blogger RinAku said...

Hey, thanks for commenting back on my blog. For the b'day wish as well.:) I like the way you express things in words. I do think that your poems are cool. I've bookmarked your blog, so I think I shall visit here more.

Anyway, this blogging network is just great, isn't it? It makes us connect ourselves to more people each day. Glad to see you here, Aquarius!

8:43 AM  
Blogger eyes of a tragedy said...

hey hun. please don't feel bad, like i felt bad that you felt bad so i hope you don't.
and thanks for not believing that stuff about me, you really are sweet.
also, i really love this bit of the story you posted, you write so wonderfully descriptively and i'm sure you can become a great writer, i mean you already are.
either way take care and now i can tease you about how my school is almost done, haha.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home