Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The floor is a cold impression
against your cheek.
And as you breathe,
in and out,
I see the ghosts
inside your dreams.
Sleep long.
Sleep sweet.
It's the one thing
you can't regret.
Tell me in rambling lines
about just how much
you loved her.
I will sympathize.
I won't tell you,
that you mean everything to me,
that I was always lost,
in battlefields of regret and guilt.
Help me,
or leave me.
Or kiss me,
to make the memories press on
to my imagination.
Make me believe
that it was always better than this.
And when the morning comes
to wake me from fretful sleep,
leave me the impressions of your cheek
against mine,
and the ghosts
when you breathe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mable said...

Such sweet poetry - I detect a little sadness in there and so much love expressed in those lines. I will certainly come back often to read your poems :-)

Thank you Telescopic_Viewpoint for your comments on my sunrisesunsett blog but I no longer post there. My current blog which cannot be accessed publicly is at http://aquarium88.blogspot.com/.

I hope you will come and comment once in a while.

4:40 AM  
Blogger RinAku said...

Love.....is always a great inspiration.

Do I smell sadness here?

Nice piece of writing, just like your other poems. I Like this one much.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home