Monday, April 25, 2005

For Elly (My most stressed, but most wonderful friend in the whole entire galaxy, stars combined)

A light shimmers vaguely at the end of a transcending darkness.
You can stand only a million trials and tests of fate and strength,
until you are forced, in shackles, to give up.
Head hung low, you seek shelter through the torrent of icy sunshine,
that bleeds down on you in black and white streams of harsh solidarity.
The world is filled with wondrous colourful things and yet,
you can only see them from inside prison bars.
Is there any hope at all?
Even the light seems too far to reach, too small, too insignificant;
just like you feel at this very moment.
If I could,
I would give you my everything.
If I could,
I would sprinkle hope into your hurricane of destruction.
If I could,
I would try to shield you from all of this,
with armor made of rainbows and entwisted gold filigree.
If I could...
And I wish...
that I could only help you more,
be a better friend,
so that you don't have to feel alone,
deserted,
in this harsh land.
So I will sit, at the edge of the land every day, and every night.
I will be the watchman to the lighthouse of your wavering hope.
I will shine that beam to the hollows of your heart,
and through the endless tunnel of your seeming grave.
I will be there,
with a billion-watt bulb,
waiting for you.
And if I don't see the sails of your tattered, but rebuilding ship,
on the horizon,
and tales of your discontent reach to extreme heights;
the waves too high for you to reach the shore,
then I will walk to the edge of that platform and dive into the sea.
For no tide can keep me from your side.
A million mile ocean will never tear me from believing that you are,
and always will be,
the brilliant moon in my darkest sky.
For you, and only you, can make me remember most fondly the days
when the rain falls so heavily it makes you want to scream,
and all you can do is slip off your shoes and stand in a puddle,
in the back of an alley,
with your best friend,
cursing it all,
in the best of ways.
We don't need umbrellas,
when we have internal sunshine.
Because I will always love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger RinAku said...

Great poem to describe how strong the bond in a friendship is!

Very touching as well. If I were "elly", I might give you a warm big hug and a silly huge smile...after reading this poem ^__+

As always, I love your expressive words and self.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home