Tuesday, April 09, 2024

If loneliness and lust had a baby, I would name it regret, sibling to loss.

roll the dice 
like a boy
who knows
how to play,
who knows 
how to lose,
to land in 
your arms 
like a fool, 
(whose fool?) 
at the end 
of a night
that didn't 
include you. 

i don't know 
how you became 
the relief i feel 
when i bite my bottom lip,
like a fool,
i become 
yours. 

there's a life
where i lose
endlessly 
because i want 
more
than the world can 
offer 
to a girl
who doesn't know 
what she has. 

There's this saying,
about women who want too much,
(do I want too much?) 
and I wonder,
what could I become
if I play the whore? 

Yes,
this wrongness 
is an undoing
and a longing
like grief uncaged. 

It's a splitting
of my body 
into all the parts 
that make me. 

It's my eyes rolling
into the back of my head
because I want you to tell me
how much you need me. 

I want you to touch me 
like you just want to feel
how soft my fingers are 
in dark closets 
where nothing exists. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home