Sunday, March 24, 2024

i carved a hole in my heart and stuffed it with the things you love.

what would it mean to be in love with you
when you are almost thirty-five... 
like falling again into breathlessness
and an ache that feels like the home 
you made when you were twenty-three. 

how does a world form? 
what magic is left in the spaces you filled? 
where do you sleep?
what do you dream? 

when you learned how to be a mirror 
at thirteen, 
I wonder if you stopped to think about where
your interests would live. 

if you were to find yourself in the backyard, 
I wonder if she would have them. 
She is nine, and five, and four. 
She likes dirt and writing and 
feeling safe... 
whatever that means. 

At almost thirty-five, 
I become you. 
I forget what it's like to feel safe
inside. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home