Thursday, February 29, 2024

On pointed toes, reaching up feels like falling

Here in the little silence
your bones are medicine like methadone
for heroin. And I break,
and wander,
and land solidly in your wake. 

Hoarfrost and keyboard strokes 
look the same when the sun is low. 

I want to be punished 
and glorified. 

And I wonder if this feeling 
will ever betray me;
this feeling, the one that I planted solidly
in my chest. 

There's a part of me 
that wants to know 
what it would be like 
to be the villian. 

Give me a name like terror 
and call me yours. 

In truth, I am a white lie 
that you tell yourself at night
to romanticize the discomfort
that grows inside. 

I wish I knew how to satisfy you. 
I want you to take me
over and over
until the roof of my mouth
is painted with you. 

Until I give in
completely. 
And can fucking breathe again. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home