Saturday, June 04, 2005

Because that's just the way I feel tonight,
babe.
I want to drown out my life,
with chemicals
enduced by my brain,
and the way you make me sweat.
Horrors of life,
have turned me tired,
and restless.
Out of life,
to be out of you,
would be a terrible thing.
I don't want love.
I just want tonight.
And the martini glass that hides
your lying eyes.
I want to dance on silver-dusted rooftops,
and slip off the glance of your steady stare.
I don't want love.
I just want to fall
into tonight.
Breathe my soul into the night,
and miss the train of lullabies.
I am so perplexed by the way
you look at me.
I wish you would hold me,
for a moment,
instead of sitting so icily,
and drinking me away.
I don't want love.
I want you.

1 Comments:

Blogger eyes of a tragedy said...

oh i like this and hell i can really relate. okay, rain is not all that bad, but i don't like soggy clothes and my hair gets all frizzy. but once again, great writing, it flows so well.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home