Sunday, August 13, 2023

when I throw stones at my own house to build something greater

I'm learning something about what it means to take care of myself. 

And I've stopped distancing myself from the imposter in the room. 

I am no longer the streets;
I am the trees. 

There's a pain in my chest when I think about my life.
This timeline that I've never written 
for fear that it will define me. 

I want to leave 
but this time I don't want to leave you. 
I want to leave what it means
to be the old me. 

This hot feeling inside my cheeks,
grazing my neck, 
it won't stop until I am fully
rid of me. 

I'll be something new. 
And it will be like sitting in my backyard 
while the wind hits my skin
and walks across my hair. 
It will be like doing nothing
and feeling everything. 

I will be bored 
and feel full. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home