Sunday, August 13, 2023

when I stop being me

when I stop being me
and start being you,
I don't know where me ends. 
It's not like there's this beautiful enmeshment of souls. 

No. 

It's like a story:
My chest is an anchor. 
And the surface is just above. 
I have been down here too long. 
My skin separates from muscle, tendon, 
and bone. 
I don't remember what it's like
to feel whole. 

What did my body need? 
I don't remember. 
The dark becomes light and 
I don't recall if swimming up 
or down will save me.  

You know? It's like that. 

Another:
It's like needing to run,
knowing I need to run, 
and being pulled back by the grip 
of my mother
so that she could hold me tight
and never let me go. 
A comfort to no one
but herself. 

when I stop being me,
I start being you. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home