Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Years and all the things it brings...

I vow to not have a single new years resolution this year. That is my vow and it is solemn.
Why do I do this?
Take for instance, if I vowed to have a boyfriend. This would simply result in my hanging my head and wishing desperately for a boyfriend. Thus, I do not wish it nor not wish it, so that I will have no certain expectations.
Or, if one of my resolutions was to be more fit. Well, what if I am already fit and going to do more exercise just crams up my schedule and makes me more stressed, making me eat more, thus making me unfit?
No. I don't believe that would do at all. I think spontaneity is a thing too unused in our day and age; to frowned upon in our scheduled lives. And I think we need more of it.
So, dearest year of 2005 in which presents Breanna's article in the paper last year about nostradameous (or however his name is spelled) and the downfall of the human kind, I say let what may enter itself upon our world, be welcomed into this existance as a realization of what we really have achieved; what the world has really done to itself. It's own self-destruction. And perhaps, we will all learn how to be sane, once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home