Tuesday, July 05, 2005

.To Tell Me.

Day 5 - Afternoon

J-

It appears that the gentleman beside me is a conductor! Why you would never guess it, he being on a train himself and all. How curious. He went up to the front and demanded to be let seen the situation. Of course, the demanding wasn't necessary, they let him in right away and poof! He was gone. I wonder if they told him the real reason the train was stopped. I wonder if they caught the boy. Because he was a boy. Well, older than me but I know he mustn't have been older than twenty. Of course, he was roughed up a bit. It made him seem older, the dirt on his cheeks and the blood from his lower lip. He mustn't have been alone, however, for I saw two pairs of hands throw the man overboard. Is it called overboard when it's on a train? Oh, I don't know.

This waiting has gotten tiring. The passengers are all excited because of the stop. Some of them have gotten up from their seats to try and help the problem - to no avail - while the children peek out from the windows and race up and down the aisles and mothers call out to them halfheartedly. The doors open constantly and the air has changed from stiff to cold. The snow in the window is blinding to my eyes. I can't look out anymore.

Anxiously,

-P. Hillary Williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home