Monday, July 04, 2005

To Tell Me...

Day 4

Dear J-

It's been longer than you know. I can only hope that we are close to our destination. I have lost track of the days. Today I saw a curious thing. I was looking out my window, to avoid conversation with the intelligence-lacking man on my left, and, for just a moment, I saw something that caught my attention. The snow has been rolling on for days, and sometimes there are trees and hills, but this...this was different. It was like a flipbook from my childhood. First there was just the same old scenery, but then there was his body, falling, and falling...and then, oh, and then he was just gone, whipped out of sight by the fast moving rails. I caught myself in the reflection of the glass of the window. I wondered if this was real at all. I wondered if it was perhaps my imagination playing tricks on me after so many days of children screaming and men snoring and wives nagging. So I turned to you, and I don't know what else to do. My eyes strain for the window's acceptance but I'm afraid what I will see.

Reflectively,

-P. H. W.

2 Comments:

Blogger RinAku said...

Hi cynical mind !

Like reading this one a lot. It's been quite a long time since I last wrote anything and visited blogs.

It's good to finally visit your cool blog again :)))

quote: My eyes strain for the window's acceptance but I'm afraid what I will see-->love this line.

^__+

8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home