Tuesday, July 05, 2005

- To Tell Me -

Day 5

My Dearest J-

Has it truly been this long? 5 days I've been squished inbetween a man with no indifference and the burdening snow which chases the rain and tears down thunderclouds. I don't know the heartstream anymore. This is all a collapsing tearduct of absolution. Allow me to explain the events of the day for we are no longer moving, though the snow keeps falling and the man beside me continues snoring and the children keep laughing and the mothers are tired and the tracks are much too silent.

I woke up to hear a soft chiming sound. It felt like falling. I realized that the sun had not yet opened its eyes, though I could no longer keep mine closed. I made my way to the dining section, only to have it be closed. I could hear the soft straining of the train but I had long grown used to the sound in my ears. I made my way up to the front. I wondered if I could perhaps sneak a look at the engine. My father was an engineer and he worked on many different kinds of crafts. I had been a curious child. I could hear the rumbling of the train getting louder in my ears as I worked my way up to the front car. I never did get up to the front. The door was locked. I was such a fool. But then...

Well, let me tell you that I am writing this from my usual spot on the train, between the man and the window, but I am in a much different frame of mind. I am waiting. It is a much better feeling than you think. The train has stopped. I am making an ill-concieved guess that he was the one who caused it, but then I did see him that night too, when the man was heaved out of the train. I know the man was thrown, because I saw his hands as he threw him, and the cloth around his right one because he had cut it. When I fell into him, the cloth had fallen off and revealed a jagged line down his palm. When the train had stopped and I had fell and fallen on him who had flown out of the door that I had given up on. And now I am waiting for the chase scene. I'm waiting for the part where he robs the passengers and takes off. I'm waiting for my adventure to begin.

-Penny Williams, the greatest fool.

P.S. : They are telling us all to be calm. That something got stuck in one of the wheels and caused us to screech to a halt. But they don't know that I saw him running. That I have the cloth that hid his scars. That, before he fled, he stopped and grinned at me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home