Monday, July 04, 2005

To Tell Me

Day 2

Dear J-

If I stare long enough at the back of someone's head in front of me, perhaps they will turn around and have an intelligent conversation with me. Perhaps my breath will make them real. In a different life, perhaps I would love them. Perhaps the train rails are not seeping into my brain and transfixing on neurons that ping throughout my body and make me long to be under those rolling wheels and pressed against the hard metal of those silent tracks. I could be a comic book girl who is stuck in her own fate without a hero to save her. The snow would bury me and I would be a goddess in some other world until in a different century they would find me and I would be on the six o'clock news and everyone would listen but no one would care. My cousins are waiting on the other side of the tracks in cellophane boxes and tissue paper hats. I wonder how long they will be waiting.

It's already been too long,

-P. H. Williams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home