Friday, July 01, 2005

There's not much left to believe in.
For you,
and me.
I've wanted so long to stop this monarchy.
You've played cards with the devil,
and dealt your sins.
I didn't believe much in love, anyway.
Flip back my hair,
pull on my shades.
It's going to be a long, long day.
You're too good to be left for last.
I thought I loved you, anway.
Kiss me in a moment of regret.
Taste the love of what we felt,
once.
There was a once.
You are too rough with love.
I don't want your lips,
or your wine.
Take it back,
to those years before,
when the night air
was all I felt from you.
You think love is a gift.
You don't know how I light fires,
at dawn,
in your eyes,
and you are drawn to me.
Do you realize,
at all,
that all this is,
is static cling?
I'm tired.
Of life.
I just want to play cards,
bet your soul,
and lose it all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"You don't know how I light fires,
at dawn,
in your eyes,
and you are drawn to me."

This made it.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home