Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Dearest Lucy,
When the heavens call, they call out your name. I am forever following them, in hopes of finding you. Sometimes I have to sit down to rest and I find myself perplexed by the sight of small children playing a game with sticks in a nearby field. They seem so peaceful and they're always laughing. Oh, how I wish you were here, Lucy. I carry your picture with me always. The edges are torn and worn out, but your smile never fades. How I wish I was with you.

I love you,

- Flint


Dearest Flint,
Could tears not bring you closer to my heart? How often it seems I hear your soft laughter in my ear. How often I call out your name just to realize you have already left me. There is no hope left for the people of this small town. I miss you dearly. I may be gone when you get back. Do not try to find me. I will find you, even if I am gone by then. Please hurry, Flint. I shall not go without seeing your face before I go. There is only sadness when I am without you. Even the call of the mockingbirds in the morning cannot make me face another day.

I love you,

- Lucy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home